Cheltenham, the proud Cultural Capital of the Cotswolds, is practically bursting with excellent eateries, stunning architecture and fascinating museums, and with plenty of beautiful hotels to accommodate visitors, it’s the ideal place for a UK break at any time of year.
Make your way along the lush promenade and soak up a little of Cheltenham’s atmosphere. The area is known for its café culture, so you can take a break and enjoy a bite in one of many independent spots no matter how you’re spending your day. Wonder to the Brewery Quarter, The Wilson Museum & Art Gallery or into one of many bars or restaurants and let the charm of Cheltenham wash over you.
The Wilson Museum & Art Gallery
Cheltenham is home to the outstanding Wilson Museum & Art Gallery. As well as lending its space to an ever-changing programme of temporary exhibitions, the Wilson boasts a plethora of permanent galleries including displays of:
• Arts and Crafts Movement collection inspired by William Morris
• The Story of Edward Wilson and his explorations with Scott of the Antarctic
• A collection of significant Dutch 17th and 19th-century paintings
• A collection of rare Oriental porcelain and English ceramics
• The social history of Cheltenham
The Wilson has four new floors following a recent six-million-pound rebuild, space which is used to house temporary exhibitions, international and national touring shows and family-friendly shows.